Thursday, September 18, 2008

want to sign up for Gwyneth's sweaty workout routine?

Dripping with sweat, and going for the burn, Gwyneth Paltrow gives the world an unprecedented peek at the two-hour rigorous workouts which helped her shed 20lbs of babyweight.

Surrounded by machines which resembled medieval instruments of torture, and working with a personal trainer, a make-up free Gwyneth sweated her way through an intense workout with celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson.

Anderson, is also credited with helping create Madonna's overly muscled physique.

The scenes were seen The Oprah Winfrey show, and shows just what the Oscar-winning actress is prepared to endure in order to keep her body in shape.
Gwyneth Paltrow

Going for the burn: Gwyneth Paltrow shows off the gruelling two-hour work she endures to keep her slimline shape in stills from the Oprah Winfrey show

Gwyneth opened up to chat show queen Oprah Winfrey about her post natal depression, her close friend Madonna and how she got back in shape after having two children.

According to the sometime vegan actress who is married to similarly worthy Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, six two hour workouts a week proved to be the only way she could drop the extra flab after giving birth to her second child Moses, 4.

And it was after this pregnancy that the severe post natal depression kicked in and took Gwyneth, 35, completely by surprise.

Gwyneth Paltrow

Sweaty Betty: The sweat just pours off Gwyneth as she contorts her body

'It was very strange, because I wasn't expecting it at all,' she said.

'After I had Apple, I would characterise it as post natal euphoria. I was on cloud nine, I was in a bubble and then when I had him I didn't feel ok, I didn't feel right.

He came out and I thought 'it's really strange, it's not the same, what's wrong with me?' I went down a slippery slope with it.

'It was about six months until I felt completely normal again. I didn't realise what was wrong with me.

'I felt like a flatline. I wish I'd know because I would have gone on medication and addressed it.
Gwyneth Paltrow

Just one more: Gwyneth works out with trainer Tracy Anderson who is credited with helping Madonna hone her overly muscled body

Gwyneth Paltrow

Pull harder: The star works out with bands which resemble medieval instruments of torture

Gwyneth Paltrow

It doesn't look fun: But judging by Gwyneth's fat-free physique it gets results

Gwyneth Paltrow

Flagging: The workout begins to take its toll on the mother of two

'Once I started exercising I was doing cardio and I felt like I had to get rid of stuff, I started recommitting to eating well because when I was pregnant I was eating donuts."

Aside from her trainer, Gwyneth also hails pop queen Madonna as a saviour who helped her through the dark months.

'She is one of the most caring women and also a very tough woman,' said Gwyneth.
Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth revealed all about her workouts, post-natal depression and friendship with Madonna to chat show host Oprah

She's very wise and has a very soft, soft side.

She's given me a lot of great advice, she really helped me out of my post natal depression."

Gwyneth who lives in London with her family, also gave a unique insight into the Madonna and Guy Ritchie family home.

'Her children are phenomenal,' she said, referring to daughter Lourdes, sons Rocco and little David Banda, who Madonna and Guy adopted from Malawi.

'The little guy just kills me. He does dance routines from Madonna concerts on the living room floor.

'In fact my son and him battle it out to listen to either daddy's songs or mummy's.'

During the tell-all interview, foodie Gwyneth also admitted she 'cannot diet' - especially with her passion for 'fried dough' - and completely relies on exercise to stay slim.

But now she's got her figure back, will the 'Shakespeare In Love' star be returning to the silver screen any time soon? As a leading lady, she says, not for the time being.

'I love acting but I have two little kids and it's 14 hours out of the house a day and I don't get that time back.

'It's really hard for me to commit to doing that lead role. I haven't since I had kids, I've done supporting roles.

'I can't be out of my house for 14 hours a day. I did a film in New York and I only shot for 16 days and for five of those days I left the house while my kids were asleep and came back when they were asleep.

'I walked into their room and just cried. It was pathetic I missed the whole day, I didn't know what they said today, what they ate. I just felt terrible.'

No comments: