Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cheryl Cole let Ashley remain a free spirit for our marriage to work

Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole is determined to let her husband Ashley Cole remain a 'free spirit' despite recent reports claiming the Chelsea player had been unfaithful.

The X Factor judge is determined to put her marital problems with her football star spouse behind her, but refuses to become a paranoid wreck in the process.

The couple are now back together and quietly working on rebuilding their marriage and Cheryl, 25, believes the path to wedded bliss has to lie in mutual trust, no matter what has happened.
Cheryl Cole

Catwalk Cole: Cheryl poses during last week's Fashion For Relief fundraiser in London

In an extract from Girls Aloud's upcoming autobiography Dreams That Glitter, serialised in OK! magazine, she says: 'People make mistakes, stuff happens. I believe everyone should be a free spirit.

'Even in my marriage, Ashley's a free spirit. I'm not his keeper. I believe in letting people live their lives and be free, so Ashley can have time with his friends when he wants, he can go out when he wants.

'I'm not the type of person to ring him and be like: "Where are you, who are you with, what's happening, what time will you be in, why haven't you answered your phone?"

'I've been that person in the past and I don't like it. I won't let anything change me and make me revert to being that type of girl, because it's not me.'

Cheryl Cole

Forgiven: Cheryl has taken husband Ashley back despite claims he was unfaithful

Last week, Cheryl confirmed that her marriage - and wedding ring - is back on.

The star showed off a diamond-encrusted Jacob & Co jewel during an interview on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross as she opened up about her troubled relationship with Ashley.

It's the first time Cheryl has been seen wearing a ring on her engagement finger since reports Ashley had had an affair first cropped up in January.
Cheryl Cole

Cheryl wore a ring on her engagement finger for the first time in eight months during an interview with Jonathan Ross last week

In the group's new autobiography, Cheryl pledges to always work at her marriage and admits she has been left emotionally scarred.

She said: 'I can't hurt any more than I've been hurt, I can't cry any more than I've cried. I've been to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows, so one day I'm going to find my middle ground and be happy.'

No comments: