Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett says 'I put on a stone after my break-up...

Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett has confessed to gaining a stone - and two dress sizes - after turning to ice cream to help mend her broken heart.

Since her relationship with Richard Fleeshman ended last year, Roxanne had gone from 8st to 9st and a size six to a size 10.

The petite star, who is 5ft 2in, told Closer Magazine: 'Instead of going home to my boyfriend I now go home to a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.'
Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett

Weakness for ice cream: Roxanne Pallett at the TV Quick Awards in September, left, after putting on a stone, and before her weight gain, right, in April

She added: 'And I live alone so there's nobody telling me to stop eating. The other day I was horrified when I struggled to zip up a pair of size ten jeans.'

But Roxanne is dealing with her weight gain sensibly and the 25-year-old says she is keeping it in perspective.

'I'm not too bothered, though. A size 10 is hardly huge. But I'd like to lose the weight in the new year so I can fit back into my clothes!'

Roxanne's Emmerdale character Jo is the victim of domestic abuse, and filming the scenes has led to her eating more.

'I'm working 12 hours a day doing emotionally draining scenes,' she explained. 'So to deal with it I've been treating myself to crisps or chocolate on set and puddings when I get home.'

Roxanne is supporting Cancer Research UK's breast cancer awareness campaign.
Emmerdale's Roxanne Pallett

No comments: