Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lily Allen enjoys aboard a luxury yacht

It's a hard life but somebody's got to live it.

And singer Lily Allen, 24, is certainly living the dream as she enjoyed some downtime in between appearances at Australia's Big Day Out festival - better known by the artists as 'The Big Day Off' due to the time off between shows.

Stripped down to a blue bikini with a white trim, the singer enjoyed a day on board a yacht with friends including Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.


Downtime: Lily Allen enjoyed a chilled day aboard the pleasure cruiser 'Platinum' with friends including Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy in Sydney


Relaxed: The singer looked relaxed and sunkissed in a blue and white trim bikini


Feeling hot: Lily soaked up the 31C heat in between performances at Australia's Big Day Out festival where she is performing alongside Dizzee Rascal

Lily, 24, was seen soaking up the sun in 31C heat after singing at the music festival in Sydney.

On Sunday she performed alongside Dizzee Rascal at the festival who almost came a cropper after one over-appreciative member of the public threw a deodorant stick at him.

The singer last toured with the festival three years ago, causing quite a stir with her alcohol-fuelled behaviour.


Lily spreads out her towel after a refreshing dip in the waters around Sydney harbour, seen with Muse's Matt Bellamy


Catching rays: Lily and a friend top up their tans on the top deck

But now she's past the wildchild phase and is enjoying a more relaxed time with friends with her fellow artists, Dizzee, Muse and Kasabian.

She told Australia's news.com: 'It's funny, actually, because I feel I am a completely different person to who I was when they all first met me.

'Then, the Big Day Out was one of the first festivals I'd done. I was so over-excited and boisterous and drunk and showing off. I didn't really know what the hell was going on.


It's a hard life: Lily cruised around Sydney Harbor aboard the luxury boat

And Kasabian were quite fresh at the time too so we were the terrible kids running around making mischief. I'm a little more grown-up.'

And she seemed to be backtracking on her public statement to quit music.

Lily said: 'Anyone who has to go to work every day gets quite sick of it, don't they? It's a job and probably what's happened, because I started so young, I was working with people who knew I was naive and worked me very hard.

Me saying I am quitting music to me is about taking control of my life, having some time to do other things. It's my decision whether I want to do another album. I haven't been offered any money to do one.'

At the Brisbane show she told the crowd: 'I want to have a baby.'

The singer Lily recently bought a five-bedroom house in the Cotswolds, and is said to be planning to start a family with boyfriend Sam Cooper.


Lily on stage on the first day of the two-day Sydney leg of the Big Day Out music festival at Sydney Showground