Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Super skinny Cheryl Cole admits 'I do have fat days'

Girls Aloud singer Cheryl Cole has often been subjected to media criticism she is too skinny.

But, like most women, even Cheryl admits she has days when she feels 'fat' or 'spotty'.

The new X Factor judge admits she regularly feels insecure about her stunning figure and face, adding to her recent revelation that she hated her legs.

Despite her body issues, the pop star's footballer husband Ashley Cole prefers her dressed down in a tracksuit with her hair scraped back in a bun.
Cheryl Cole

'I have spotty and fat days': Cheryl Cole, pictured at the V Festival on Sunday, has admitted feeling insecure about her body

She told Heat magazine: 'There will be times when I’ve got changed three of more times before I leave the house.

'Could be hormones, bad hair day, feel fat or spotty. I have it all.

'I’ve got a new fondness for high-waisted jeans because they make my legs look longer.'

While Cheryl dresses to the nines in minuscule outfits when on-stage with the girl band, she loves lounging around in jeans and sweatpants when relaxing with Ashley at their Surrey mansion.

The 25-year-old revealed: 'When I’ve got no make-up on, hair scraped off my head, he always says "Oh, you look cute!" because it’s the complete opposite to how he’s used to seeing me every day.

Cheryl Cole

Where's your tracksuit Cheryl? The singer, pictured at Nobu last week, claims her husband Ashley prefers her in casual clothing

Women think that men think you look best all dolled up - but as a band Girls Aloud are always so dressed up, so I’m preferred in my trackie with my hair up and no make-up.

'My work gear is most people’s going out for dinner look - so it’s the other way round.

'If Ashley went and bought something for me, it would probably be a tracksuit.'

Despite her own slender frame, Cheryl admits she loves studying pictures of the curvaceous 1950s bombshells, like Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth.

She told Hello!: 'Women looked like real women in those days.

'I was reading an old book about Hollywood starlets from the 1950s and loved the photographs inside. You can see the women’s true shapes as their pictures were never retouched.

'You can even see the cellulite on their bodies. It’s really refreshing to see as women are criticised so cruelly today for having the slightest bit of fat or cellulite.

'There’s too much pressure on women of their size these days. Girls are constantly being told they’re either too fat or too thin, which is irresponsible.'

No comments: