Monday, August 25, 2008

Minnie Driver enjoys her last few days before birth with a dip in Pacific

Minnie Driver enjoys the last few days of her pregnancy with a cooling dip in the Pacific Ocean.

The 38-year-old singer/actress is expecting her first child any day now, which she has admitted she is 'hoping' will be a baby girl.

Over the weekend, the Good Will Hunting star took her mind off the impending birth with a relaxing day on Malibu Beach with another expectant friend and her dog Bubba.
Minnie Driver

Looking swell: Minnie Driver and her huge baby bump take a cooling dip in Pacific Ocean

Dressed in contrasting blue bikini bottoms and Zellij patterned top, Minnie looked tanned and healthy as she proudly showed off her huge baby bump.

The actress has refused to name the baby's father since announcing her pregnancy in March and recently admitted she wasn't sure if she would stay with him after the birth.

She told the New York Post: 'I’m not married and I don’t know if I’ll stay with the guy.

'It’s great to be an independent creature. Today you don’t need a man any more. In the old days, if you had a baby without marriage, people would put you out. I’m very into feeling this female thing.'

Minnie Driver

Heavy load: Minnie looks tired carrying her heavy baby bump

In May, Minnie denied reports Californian musician Craig Zolezzi was the father of her unborn child.

She said: '"I want to shield the baby's dad as much as I can because it wasn't his choice to get roped into all this stuff.

'It'll come out in time. There'll be some other bump people will be interested in and I'll have this baby and get on with my life.'

Minnie will be joined in the birthing room by her mother Gaynor, aunt Serena, her best friends, her yoga teacher and a midwife, when she gives birth this week.

Announcing her pregnancy earlier this year, she said: 'I think it's a girl. Most of the women in my family get super girthy early on and I've got to say that's why I have this nice chiffon dress on. I'm fat.'
Minnie Driver

Ready to pop: Minnie will have a full delivery room when she gives birth later this week - her mum, aunt, best friends, yoga teacher and, of course, midwife, are all invited

No comments: