Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'I'm fighting to save my marriage,' vows Melinda Messenger after losing 5lb for first lingerie shoot in eight years

Melinda Messenger could be forgiven for indulging in a spot of comfort eating after separating from her husband of nine years.

But as she poses in her underwear for a new advertising campaign the 37-year-old mum-of-three looks better than ever after losing 5lb in just two weeks.

And the star says she is fighting to save her relationship with Wayne, 30.

'We're working hard on our marriage and things are going well for us at the moment. We've still got lots to do and lots of progress to make', she told Closer Magazine. 'It's not easy.'
Melinda Messenger

Melinda Messenger shows off her lighter body in the Ultimo photo shoot

The former page 3 girl and her husband agreed on a trial separation four months ago, blaming the pressures of work and family life.

But they still hope to repair the damage for the sake of their children Morgan, eight, Flynn, six and Evie, four and have just returned from a family holiday.

'We went to France together because we always said we'd spend holidays as a family,' said Melinda. 'My children are my priority and they come first. It's my job as a father to give them the best upbringing we can. All the rest we deal with together, privately.'

Melinda Messenger

Melinda with husband Wayne and (l to r) Morgan, Evie and Finn

Melinda put her personal problems aside to model for these pictures.

The 5ft 2in model is the new face of Ultimo underwear's D-G Cup range for fuller figured women. She lost 5lb to slim down to 7st 7lb in preparation for the shoot.

She said: 'Two weeks before the shoot I went into panic mode when it dawned on me that I was going to pose in my underwear for the first time in eight years! I suddenly thought "Oh my God - I'm 37. I've got three kids and now I've got to take my clothes off!"'
Melinda Messenger

Melinda shows off her slimmer body. Range available at Debenhams stores nationwide and online at ultimo.co.uk

The surgically enhanced DD star lost the weight in two weeks by taking long bike rides, doing regular sit-ups and eating a healthy diet.

On a typical day, she ate porridge or muesli for breakfast, a wholemeal pitta with salad for lunch and grilled fish with couscous for dinner.

And the self-discipline paid off.

'I'm proud of my body and think women get better as they get older,' she said.

No comments: