Thursday, July 24, 2008

Eva Mendes bounces back from rehab with seductive Calvin Klein lingerie campaign

After a stint in rehab earlier this year, Hollywood star Eva Mendes is back in business.

The 2 Fast 2 Furious actress appears in a smouldering new ad campaign for Calvin Klien's Seductive Comfort underwear range.

She is also gearing up to begin work on her next film, the crime drama Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans which will co-star Val Kilmer and Nicolas Cage.
Eva Mendes

Bouncing back: Eva Mendes in a new Calvin Klein campaign

Mendes checked into the Cirque Lodge in Utah in January to treat 'personal issues,' amid reports of drug use and body issues.

She says: 'There are so many lies out there regarding my recent trip to Cirque Lodge. But I don't care what people think. I just don't care. So I will neither confirm nor deny.

'I'm not a spokesperson for any kind of substance-abuse organization.'
Eva Mendes

Shaping up: Calvin Klein have traded in the waif for Eva's more womanly look

Eva Mendes

Slowing down: The 2 Fast 2 Furious star strikes a smouldering pose

But the 34-year-old isn't ashamed of reaching out for help.

'I'm proud of people who have the determination and the fearlessness to actually go and face their demons and get better.'

Still, she admits that she's still 'sensitive on the subject', and recently snapped at a reporter for US magazine who joked that in Hollywood, Alcoholics Anonymous should be called Alcoholics Unanimous.

In response to the journalist's quip, she said: 'I'm not making jokes, because people die from this stuff.'

'So, honestly, I think it's a bit tacky that you made a joke. I've got to be honest.'

No comments: