Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hell-raiser? I'm asleep in bed by 9pm, says Patsy Kensit

Patsy Kensit's struggles with drink, drugs and turbulent marriages - the last with Oasis wildman Liam Gallagher - often made more headlines than her work as an actress.

Now, however, she has told how she no longer spends her nights at raucous showbusiness parties but is asleep in bed by 9pm.

On the eve of her 40th birthday, she says she has turned her life around, becoming a workaholic on the set of BBC1 medical drama Holby City, where she plays femme fatale Faye Morton.
Hell-raiser? I'm asleep in bed by 9pm, says Patsy Kensit

Nights In: Patsy Kensit has given up the partying lifestyle

She has even healed the rift with Gallagher, the father of her eight-year-old son, following their acrimonious marriage and divorce.

"I don't go to Narcotics Anonymous any more," she told the tenth anniversary edition of Red magazine.

"I have a drink now and then. But I couldn't do the hours I do on Holby without being completely focused."

The actress married Dan Donovan of the group Big Audio Dynamite in 1988.

Four years later she married Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, producing her first child, James, now 15. Then in 1997 she married Gallagher.

They had a son, Lennon, but things went badly. She said she cried every day of their three-and-a-half-year marriage.

It seems the worst is now behind her. She says she is getting on well with Gallagher and his girlfriend, All Saints singer Nicole Appleton.

And she is engaged to DJ Jeremy Healy, 46.

She said: "I'm not a gorgeous young thing in Girls Aloud. We're old. I just want a quiet life.

"My lifestyle is very low-key and that's how I want it to continue. I'm asleep by nine o'clock most nights."

No comments: