Friday, October 12, 2007

'Why I'm loving the single life after seven years with an abusive boyfriend,' says Jennifer Ellison

Her ex-boyfriend cheated on her, smashed her over the head with a bottle and never complimented her - so it comes as little surprise that Jennifer Ellison is relishing the single life.

The former Brookside babe, 24, is determined to enjoy more girls-only holidays with pal Danielle Lloyd and the attention of other men since ending her abusive seven-year relationship with Tony Richardson.

"When I was in a relationship I was never chatted up by guys but now all that's changed," Ellison told The Sun.
Jennifer Ellison1
Regularly voted the sexiest woman on the planet, Jennifer Ellison is relishing the single life. She says: 'I want to go on single girl's holidays and have fun with my mates'

"It's made me feel really attractive and nice. It's been good for my ego.

"Having someone cheat on you and having a relationship that ends so badly, you really need that.

"I want to go on single girl's holidays and have fun with mates," she added.

Jennifer Ellison2
Jennifer in London's West End last night where she was appearing in the comedy play, Boeing-Boeing

Ellison, who has also starred in Hell's Kitchen and the West End musical Chicago, was left devastated after discovering that her fellow Scouser Richardson had cheated on her with kiss-and-tell girl, Shalimar Wimble earlier this year - spelling the end of their romance.

She later admitted he had beaten her - smashing her over the head with a bottle in a nightclub row and breaking her collar bone by throwing her to the floor in a temper.

Despite Ellison regularly featuring in the sexiest woman on the planet polls, the one person who never paid her a compliment was her boyfriend, shattering her self-esteem.

Jennifer Ellison3
Jennifer says that when she dated Tony Robinson she was never chatted up, however since their relationship ended earlier this year all that has changed...

However Ellison is now regaining her confidence and refuses to let her bad experience deter her from falling in love again.

"I've been in a relationship for a long time so I'm not on the lookout for another man yet.

"But what's happened hasn't put me off men.

"If one came along I wouldn't go, 'No, I don't want to meet anyone else.' If it happens, it happens.

"I want to have children and get married but it is not the main priority at the moment."

Jennifer Ellison4
Jennifer ended her relationship with Richardson after he cheating on her with John Terry's ex, Shalimar Wimble

As for the type of man Ellison is looking for, she's open to offers and favours personality over looks.

"I have never been with someone that was a stunning, attractive, pretty man.

"Personality means more to means more to me. If someone makes me laugh and and we have that connection, that's what I go for."

Jennifer Ellison5
Jennifer soaking up the sun Marbella in July 2007, where she was enjoying a girls-only holiday with best pal Danielle Lloyd

Ellison is currently presenting the reality series Dirty Dancing: The Time Of Your Life where a group of British girls battle it out for a role as the legendary movie's leading lady, Baby.

The Living TV series was filmed at the hotel in Virginia, U.S. where Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey made the original 1987 film.

While Ellison admits, "I'm missing somebody - but not him (Richardson)" - she's clearly too busy and enjoying her single status too much to relinquish her single status just yet.

No comments: