Saturday, April 5, 2008

Les Dennis' pregnant fiancée wraps up her bumper bump

TV comic Les Dennis' fiancée Claire Nicholson proudly showed off her huge baby bump as the pair attended his book launch in London last night.

The 38-year-old kept her belly under wraps in a blue baby-doll dress trimmed with a big black satin bow as she turned out to support Les, 53, who has just released his autobiography Must The Show Go On?.

The couple are expecting a daughter within weeks, 26 years after he had his son, Philip, by his first wife Lynne.
Les Dennis' pregnant fiancée wraps up her bumper bump

All tied up: Les Dennis and Claire Nicholson attend his book launch at private members club Adam Street in London last night

The former Family Fortunes host recently said he was "delighted" at their impending arrival, adding: "Now I'll have one of each!"

“Bringing up a little girl will be a different experience for me. As an older, established dad, I won't be off chasing my career like I did when Phillip was born," he told Hello! magazine.

Dennis says life coach Claire, whom he has been with for two years, is like a breath of fresh air. "It's all 'me me me' in this business, but she keeps me grounded. I go to work as Les Dennis but come home as the real me: Leslie Hestletine.”
Les Dennis' pregnant fiancée wraps up her bumper bump

Parents in waiting: the couple are expecting a daughter within weeks

It follows a tumultuous time for Les, who was dumped by TV beauty Amanda Holden in 2002, three years after her affair with Men Behaving Badly actor Neil Morrissey.

The pair said it was an "amicable" split and declared no one else was involved.

But Les's desperate unhappiness at their parting was played out to the nation on Celebrity Big Brother and in 2004 he had surgery after a scare of testicular cancer.

While Les was initially hesitant to open up after the breakdown of his marriage, Claire now describes him as her "ideal man".

No comments: