Sunday, March 9, 2008

Kitty Cat: Cover girl Miss Deeley looks just purr-fect

Television presenter Cat Deeley has shed her girl-next-door-image in a raunchy photoshoot for a men's magazine which is bound to raise eyebrows.

Dressed in stockings, a skimpy basque and a pair of cat's ears, the British-born star couldn't look more different from the teenage pin-up who once fronted music show CD:UK alongside Ant and Dec.

The new shoot, which features in the US version of men's magazine Arena, look set to win the British native a legion of new fans.
Kitty Cat: Cover girl Miss Deeley looks just purr-fect

On the prowl: Cat Deeley on the cover of the American version of men's magazine Arena

She posed for a series of other racy shots - in one, she wears a pair of suspenders and is topless save for a tuxedo jacket.

Cat relocated to LA following her break-up from PR executive Mark Whelan, and she says the move has been therapeutic.

The British TV presenter, who left the UK nearly two years ago to host So You Think You Can Dance, revealed: "With everything I had going on - emotionally in terms of breaking up with someone, in terms of relocating - it is almost as if I didn't give it too much thought.
Kitty Cat: Cover girl Miss Deeley looks just purr-fect

Racy: the TV presenter shed her wholesome girl-next-door image for the shoot

In fact, I didn't really understand the enormity of it all until the day after the premiere of my first show."

Cat also said that despite missing friends and family in the UK, she doesn't regret the move.

She told Arena: "I never want to get comfortable, I always want to try new things. What I try to do is a job which is a very commercial, entertainment show, and then I might go and interview Kylie Minogue after she beat cancer.

"Then I might do something for children, and then I'll host the Brit Awards. I don't want to be put in a box. It would kill me to do the same thing every year."
Kitty Cat: Cover girl Miss Deeley looks just purr-fect

Cheeky side: Cat posed for the magazine in a series of skimpy ensembles

But despite splitting from Whelan in 2006, Cat claims she is still single, although she has been linked with former Bros band member-turned-record label boss Craig Logan.

She said: "I am a single woman, and desperate for a man! I haven't found one yet, but there are plenty to choose from, which is good.

"It's a much bigger country than the UK, so slowly but surely I will work my way through them all."
Kitty Cat: Cover girl Miss Deeley looks just purr-fect

Smokin': Cat turns up the heat in a corset and PVC pants

Cat, 31, also revealed she is revelling in the glamorous Hollywood life.

"I absolutely love it. I sunbathe. I have a house and a pool. I walk outside and can't believe I'm here.

"I kick back and drink margaritas. I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice place to be. You wake up, the sun is shining, you drive around, you get anything you want at whatever time you want it. It's great."

And the down-to-earth Los Angeles resident often plays host to her celebrity British pals, including singer Will Young, who is staying with her while he records his new album.

She has also invited Victoria Beckham to nip over to her pad "for a glass of wine and some fish fingers".

No comments: