Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tori Spelling beams as she films sequel of 90210 - the show that made her famous

New mother Tori Spelling looked radiant as she made a special guest appearance on the new version of 90210.

The 35-year-old actress, dressed in a one-shoulder yellow dress, was all smiles as she reprised her role as Donna Martin - the character she played on her father Aaron Spelling's original TV show.

Tori, who gave birth to daughter Stella via C-section in June, was pictured filming a scene for an upcoming episode with her former co-star Jennie Garth, who plays her best friend Kelly Taylor, and actress Jessica Stroup who plays her sister-in-law Erin Silver.
Tori Spelling
Beaming: Tori Spelling films a scene in Los Angeles with co-star Jennie Garth as she reprises her role as Donna Martin in the new 90210

Tori Spelling

The 35-year-old actress, who gave birth to daughter Stella via C-section in June, looked radiant in a one-shoulder yellow dress

Tori finally negotiated a deal with producers to appear on the show in January after months of speculation.

Before landing the contract, she said: 'My dad always wanted to do a new version of 90210, so I'm sure he will be beaming from above!'

'And I'd love to somehow be a part of it. That as well would make my dad proud.'

The actress joined the hit show when she was 17 and starred as naive Donna for ten years.

The last episode, which showed her marrying high school sweetheart David Silver was screened in 2000.

Tori, who also has a 2-year-old son Liam with her husband Dean McDermott, worked hard to regain her physique ahead of the part.
Tori Spelling

Comeback: Tori (far right) with Jennie Garth, who plays Kelly Taylor and Jessica Stroup (left) who plays Erin Silver

Tori Spelling

Spelling (bottom middle) with her Beverly Hills 90210 castmates in the original version of the show in 1990 which was created by her father Aaron

She told InTouch magazine: 'When I got my body back after Liam, I was happy. But this time, I was like ‘I kick ass!’ I’m a working mum of two, so to know I did it all my myself was huge.'

Tori gained 3.5st during her pregnancy which she shed steadily after the birth with the help of a healthy diet and exercise.

'Breakfast was yogurt, fruit and nuts. Lunch was homemade soup with a sweet potato or soy milk base.

'We’d snack on celery and peanut butter, and then I’d make lean protein with vegetables for dinner.

'I would go for long walks or biking with the kids. We’d do physical activities every day.

'I’m proud! I could’ve gotten here sooner if I was fanatical and worked out extensively every day, but I’m glad I didn’t. I’m so happy I did it with my family and in a healthy way.'

90210 airs on Mondays at 9pm on E4.

No comments: