Friday, February 13, 2009

Jessica Simpson as she reveals plans to design clothes to suit curvy women

Jessica Simpson is set to turn her weight furore into a career opportunity.

The singer and sometime actress has revealed plans to launch her own fashion line for curvy women.

In a timely move, she has created clothing to help women of all shapes avoid feeling 'frumpy.'

She tells the American issue of In Style magazine: 'I want to create clothes that flatter every figure.
Jessica Simpson
Cashing in: Jessica Simpson, pictured here arriving in New York, plans to launch a fashion line for shapely women

'I know how a dress can make you feel so frumpy. I promise mine won't.

'I know what flatters a woman, and trust me, I've been judged a lot in my life.

'By now I know what works if you're curvy.

'If my clothing and accessories make you feel great and let you walk proud and tall - in big, big platform shoes - then I'm happy.'

 Jessica Simpson
Confident: The singer said to plans to create clothes to flatter every figure - including shapely ones like hers

Confident: The singer said to plans to create clothes to flatter every figure - including shapely ones like hers
Jessica Simpson
Controversy: Jessica has been under intense scrutiny over her weight gain

Jessica is thought to have gained 10 pounds in recent months, despite sister Ashlee claiming her sibling is a size two (UK size six).

The former Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica reality TV star spent months sculpting her body to play Daisy Duke for the 2005 big screen version of Dukes Of Hazzard.

She endured two-hour workouts six days a week with personal trainer Michael Alexander, who honed her physique with a combination of running, squats, lunges and weight-resistance exercises.

She also followed a South Beach Diet-style low-carb, high-protein menu which featured grilled chicken, fish and green vegetables.

After filming the part, Jessica said: 'My body is definitely an accomplishment.'
Jessica Simpson
Curvy and proud: This picture of Jessica in Grey Ant jeans last month sparked a furore over her weight gain

No comments: