Wednesday, November 26, 2008

difficult being rich,' complains WAG Carly Zucker on I'm A Celebrity

While the majority of Credit Crunch Britain counts the pennies, I'm A Celebrity contestant Carly Zucker has other things on her mind.

The WAG - who is engaged to multi-millionaire England and Chelsea footballer Joe Cole - has confided in her campmate Brian Paddick that being rich isn't easy.

'Money can be a burden, that’s why I got stressed last year,' she told him.
Carly Zucker

Stinking rich: But being a millionaire can be a burden says Carly Zucker, right, pictured with fellow WAG Nicola McLean and Blue singer Simon Webbe in the jungle yesterday

'I had too much too soon. I had a massive house that I couldn’t control or clean, it took all day.'

And being able to afford anything she wants causes problems for Carly: 'I could choose what I wanted and so I ended up indecisive.'

The 24-year-old also revealed that she is happy to stay in three-star hotels with her friends. But she added: 'You do notice the difference.'

However, rather than splashing the cash the fitness instructor says she likes to wait for a special occasion.

'I still live a very practical life, if I want something nice like a piece of jewellery I’ll wait and ask for it for my birthday, I don’t just go out and buy it.‘

Carly spoke about her financial status as she began to crack under the pressure of life in the jungle more than a week after arriving Down Under.

She moaned to fellow WAG Nicola McLean that she has no energy, can't sleep and has back ache.

She said: 'I’m not pulling my weight, I don’t want to eat, sleep, I don’t know what I want.

'I feel like if I was at home now with Joe I’d feel like it was all a dream.'

When Nicola asked her if Joe would be missing her, she replied: 'I think he’ll be really missing me.

'[But] it depends what they show as well because he said that if he sees me upset it’ll kill him.'
Carly Zucker

Not happy: Carly and fellow Wag Nicola McLean in the jungle

Carly lives in a sprawling Surrey Mansion with her fiancé and he presented her with a £50,000 engagement ring earlier this year.

But while she whinged about her overflowing supply of money it seems Brian, who stood as the LibDem candidate in the recent London mayoral elections, was wishing he had a little more cash to flash.

Seemingly overawed, Brian told Carly: 'I’m feeling strange because I don’t have much money.

'I’m better off than most people but listening to you lot discussing exotic holidays and things I’m thinking that I’m not jealous or resentful, it must be wonderful being able to do what you want, it gives you freedom.'
Carly Zucker

Bathing beauty: Carly takes a jungle shower

No comments: