Thursday, October 29, 2009

Neil admits to masturbation scenes

Neil

After blurring Neil Nitin Mukesh's frontal nude scene in Jail, Madhur Bhandarkar has now chopped the masturbation scene, well almost.

Tells Neil, "This quence was shot with 450 other actors present on the set. Frankly, if it was any other director, I'd have said no. But knowing the way Madhur depicts explicit sexual scenes, I said yes.

All the inmates are asleep when I do it. Now, most of the scene has been chopped off. But we still see the character doing it."

Although the scenes expose the reality, Madhur doesn't want to take any risk with the censor board and fall into any kind of controversy.

Neil also justifies the behaviour of his character by saying, "My nude or masturbation scenes are not for titillation. It's a very practical need in the script. My character is in Jail without sex for more than two years. What does he do? He naturally seeks pleasure by himself.

In the scene that we shot, my character fantasises about his girlfriend and gets his gratification. But honestly, after Madhur and I shot it, we found we had gone too far. It was too explicit. It was just not going with Indian aesthetics. So we decided to knock it off quite a bit by mutual consent. We just wondered if the flow of the narration would be hampered."

That's not only sexually explicit sequence Neil has participated in for Jail. "In one sequence, I go in the night to the bath and see one boy performing oral sex on another. I interrupt them and one of them says, 'You had to come and spoil the fun!' While we agreed to remove dialogue the scene of oral sex remains."