Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ziggy on Chanelle: 'She's a psycho who hit me and threatened suicide'

Only a week after breaking up after a turbulent post-Big Brother affair, housemate Ziggy has branded ex-love Chanelle a "psycho" who regularly hit him and threatened suicide when he tried to break up with her.

Big Brother star Chanelle, who turns 20 today, broke off her relationship with Ziggy Lichman last week after he denied the pair had got engaged.

But the real drama behind their split seems to have more to to with their mismatched sexual habits and the 20-year-old's violent streak.
Ziggy on Chanell
Chanelle and Ziggy pictured as a couple recently - but the look on his face suggests that all was not well

Ziggy told the News of the World: "If we'd stayed together she could have killed me."

The first time she attacked him, he says, was on a night out in West Yorkshire when he had visited to meet her adoptive family and friends.

He said: "She wasn't happy that I hasn't been by her side for five minutes when I snuck off to the toilet. She ended up punching me under the eye (in the taxi).

"I yelled for the driver to stop, jumped out and waited for another taxi. An hour after I'd got home Chanelle turned up. She told me she didn't know what had come over her and promised she'd never do it again."

But he claims she lashed out again after his brother Daniel's birthday party. At her flat he said: "She was enraged I hadn't paid her enough attention. She attacked me with another punch, this time on the chin.

"I got a cab back to my brother's and sobbed all the way. I couldn't believe what this girl was doing to me."

But then the night took an even more sinister twist, when he said she began to call him repeatedly, saying she was going to overdose on painkillers.

Ziggy on Chanell
Chanelle arrives at her 20th birthday party in Wakefield after the shock split with Ziggy who has now branded her a 'psycho'

Later she told me she was going to slit her wrists in the bath," he said. "After that I couldn't get in touch with her for hours. I was distraught. When I went round the next day she showed me her cuts.

"It was so clinical. There were ten straight lines on one wrist. I couldn't believe she'd gone through with it."

He said he tried to get her help from the Big Brother psychologist. But they stayed together for more rows, with Chanelle accusing Ziggy of cheating on her with two women during a trip they took to Dubai with 15 friends.

They made up, he said, and then he went out - but he returned later to find she had cut up all of his holiday clothes.

The catalogue of violence and drama continued when he said she slapped him across the face in a restaurant when he wasn't ready to leave, and when she left a pregnancy test in their room, despite claiming she could not have children.

Just before their split last week he said she threatened suicide once more, leaving him a note which read: "This is my last message. You're not going to see me tomorrow. You're going to wake up and all the papers will say I've done myself in."

He said trouble began brewing between them right from the first time they went to bed together. After an argument over dinner in London, he said they had "angry sex" - but it seems Chanelle never wanted to make love any other way.

Ziggy on Chanell
Smiling as the cameras rolled - but when they left the Big Brother house the rows between Chanelle and Ziggy continued he says

Ziggy said: "Chanelle loves aggressive sex and guys have knocked her around in bed but I'm not into that. I walked away from sex sessions battered and bruised.

"My back would be ripped to pieces by her scratching. One night we were in the middle of sex and she said, 'Hit me in the face'. I refused. I would never hit any woman, let alone while having sex with her."

Ziggy, 26, denied the couple got engaged last month which sparked the couple's break-up. He said: "The furthest the conversation went was to say wouldn't it be lovely if we got engaged in a year.

"I never gave her a ring bug she turned up at a club with a ring on her engagement finger. She must hae bought it herself."

He said he believes her background - her mother was a prostitute and was murdered when Chanelle was a baby - accounts for much of her behaviour.

But he said: "Chanelle has had a very difficult upbringing. But we are adults, and I feel the time has come when she needs to start taking some responsibility for the way she behaves.

"Everything about the girl is drama. I would call her and she would pass me on to her PA to arrange a time we could talk. It was something you'd expect from a diva like Mariah Carey, not Chanelle Hayes from Big Brother."

Meanwhile, Chanelle has returned fire, telling The People that the passion died away from their relationship.

She said: "Sex with Ziggy used to be mind-blowing but suddenly he changed.

"We'd stay in bed all day making love and planning for the future but now all he's interested in is getting mobbed in clubs by scantily-clad girls and staying out all night.
Ziggy on Chanell
In happier times in the Big Brother house, Chanelle and Ziggy get jiggy

When we do make love he can hardly be bothered. All the magic and passion has gone and it's left me heartbroken."

Her friend told the newspaper: "She genuinely loves Ziggy but it's clear he doesn't feel the same. They've been at loggerheads for weeks but Ziggy wanted to keep the relationship going because it was the only way people would still be interested in him.

"All Chanelle's focusing on now is enjoying her birthday weekend, and Ziggy's definitely not on the invite list. Her life has moved on."

No comments: